Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Another Glimpse of a WoodstreamDream Christmas

As promised, but a little late, I'm sharing the readings for the third week of Advent as published in my church's bulletin:

Sunday   Isaiah 60:1-3
Monday   II Corinthians 4:3-6
Tuesday   I John 1:4-7
Wednesday   John 3:16-20
Thursday   Isaiah 40:1-11
Friday   John 9:1-7
Saturday   Luke 3:1-6

I hope that you've been able to have peace and enjoy this time of preparation for the celebration of Christ's birth!

On Saturday morning I hosted some of my dearest friends for our annual cookie exchange.  We carve out a Saturday morning each December to spend with one another, to fellowship and encourage, to cheer on and dry tears.  This year, like all before, has had its high moments and its very low moments.  We have found a chosen family among ourselves to pull together in times of need - when only a friend could understand.  It is so very comforting to have a group of friends so accepting and loving!

friends...


our feast...


The cookies shared this year were delicious - apricot and raspberry bowties, pecan turtle cookies, sugar cookies, and molasses cookies...  My cookies were photographed in the last post - date-walnut biscotti, chocolate-pistachio biscotti, and mocha chip cookies.

I had such a lovely time with my friends!  This day is one I look forward to each year and it puts me into the Christmas spirit ever so much more than any other event leading up to that day!

I'm finishing up my last custom order today.  I will be photographing everything and posting my three custom orders plus a few gifts that I've made recently.  Look for that post before the end of the week!

A quick note about my etsy shop, WoodstreamDream - I will continue to accept orders and process them as they come in, but they're no longer guaranteed for Christmas delivery.  Any custom orders that come in the remainder of this month will be created and shipped in January 2012.

Have a blessed day and thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment