Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Balancing Act

It's getting to be that time of year - the time between my birthday (October 15) and Christmas when everything seems to get into a chaotic cycle and balance leaves the act.

My focus this year is to try to maintain some sense of balance.

In my readings this past week I came across this verse:

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2 (NIV)

I've read this before, but it called out to me last week.  I need this verse.  I'm in the process of looking through the frames around my home to find the perfect one to display this verse.  I think it needs to be in the kitchen or by the front door - or both!  All too often in the rush of everyday I can become upset over the littlest things.  Add holiday chaos and increased activity in our schedules and the whole situation can meltdown - over the simplest, non-important thing.  It's Mama Drama.  Proverbs 31 Ministries used the above scripture in yesterday's message - you can read it by clicking the link.  It was all about that Mama Drama and how to redirect our attention to the important things.

I am using this piece of scripture to help redirect my focus for the next several months.  Habits take time to form and time to break and time to form healthier habits.  I pray for overnight success, but I realize that it won't happen unless I put the time into changing how I respond to situational stress.

Being the wife to a wonderful, caring, providing husband is fantastic!  Being the mother of two young boys is the best job ever.  Being the owner of my own small business is fulfilling.  Being an active member in our church is rewarding.  Having a supportive group of Christian friends is such a blessing!  Belonging to a loving family is such a good thing!

There are so many wonderful things to be grateful for in this life!  There are lots of other things that end up on my plate of life that challenge the balance in life.  God has drawn my attention to this area that needs improvement and has given me a tool to use in my path toward a more peaceful and blanced life.  I hope that if you're reading this and need more balance in your life, that you can start to focus on the Lord's word and move toward that peace you seek!

Thanks for reading and have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment