Monday, January 16, 2012

Pinned in Perfectly Pretty Plum

Can I just say, growing up I loved purple!  My room and everything I could convince my mother to purchase or make for me was purple, violet, amethyst, or any one of the other magnificent shades of that royal color!  That passion carried over to our previous home - the dining room was a shade of pale amethyst and the powder room (ceiling and walls) was dark eggplant.  It was so lovely.  I miss it incredibly and feel this pulling in my creative heart to go buy a gallon of plum passion (or some other delicious purple) paint and change the color of my craft room.  Alas, it's too full of stuff for that fantasy to play out at this very moment.

This past week of stitching with the purple cashmere and plum merino wool has brought out that little girl in me.  I've cut and stitched a few purple flowers and I'm just loving them...







I've been cutting and stitching so many flowers that I've actually run out of the metal hinge pins!  I need to get more in stock before I can list No. 059 - another purple and plum number with loden green leaves.  I almost have fear that I may run out of these beautiful colors before I run out of ideas of what I want to stitch with them!

In the past few weeks, I've joined Pinterest and have had a great time exploring the beautiful things that others have pinned there.  I've pinned, repinned, and liked many things - both from etsy and from other sites.  If you haven't had the opportunity to try Pinterest, please request an invitation and try it out.  There are beautiful things and ideas that I wouldn't have come across if it weren't for what others have pinned on their boards... ideas for my garden, meals for my family, things of beauty to make, give and wear, ideas for parties and new ways to keep my exercise regimen fresh.  So many different things found in just one place.  Recently Etsy has added a PinIt button to each of the items listed.  If you are on Pinterest and you like what you've seen or read, please don't be shy about using the PinIt button below!

If you'd like to follow me on Pinterest, click here:
Follow Me on Pinterest


As always, thank you for reading and have a blessed day!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment