Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving and Advent

Good evening, I hope that you've enjoyed this lovely weekend.  The weather in New Jersey has been beautiful all of this Thanksgiving weekend!

On Thursday we celebrated with my husband's family, it was a delicious meal and the four cousins had a great time playing with each other in the mild outdoors.  The meal was delicious.  I made the cranberry sauce and a lemon meringue tart.



Friday we had a full day of errands and then we moved dining room furniture from my parents' home to our home.  Our dining room has taken on a whole new personality with the new-to-us furniture.  My husband and I will be choosing trim to put up in the dining room and family room over the coming weeks.  I'll share before and after pictures once those projects are complete.

Saturday we prepared another Thanksgiving meal and hosted my family.  Once again, I failed to photograph dessert.  We had lemon tartlets and pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream... but no photos because I forgot.  Here are pictures of the dinner that we consumed - and have enjoyed again today... 

Roasted Turkey, Gravy, Scallion Mashed Potatoes, Carrot Souffle, Broccoli Casserole, Sausage Dressing, Cranberry Sauce, Cole Slaw, Grapes, and French Bread


My uncle Kev and my older son


My dad, my younger son, and my mom


Today we began the Advent Season, preparing our hearts for the celebration of the birth of Christ.  I've been inspired by several people in our Sunday School group on ways to incorporate more Bible teachings into my everyday.  I've had good intentions in the past.  I need to create this good habit so that my life is truly Christ-centered.  I think that it's important to do as Paul writes in Romans 13:14, ...clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.  This verse helps to remind me that Christ is on my side and all I have to do is go to Him, in time of need or in time of plenty - I need to keep Him in my heart and on my mind - as my shield at all times.

I am so thankful to have Christ in my life!  There is no greater gift than that of our salvation through Him and the hope that it gives.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment