Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sunkissed

This has been an odd winter, not too blustery, more wet than frozen, more days 60ish degrees than below freezing, and not a single sledding-worthy snowfall.  We've been sunkissed this winter in southern New Jersey.  Yes, we still have the grey weather and need to pull on the coats, scarves, mittens, and hats - but the boots have remained in the closet this winter for the most part.

Yesterday I took advantage of the nearly 60 degree weather and played outside with my boys.  Trimmed a few shrubs and trees in this (kind of) late winter.  Rearranged the patio furniture.  Started seeds in milk jug containers.  Pushed the boys on the swings, listened to them run and play together.  We came in when the sun was going behind the trees - dirty knees and hands and worn out enough to sleep well.  This would have been a great example of the weather during my favorite time of the year, but it was February 22 - not mid-April or May.  Regardless, I had a grand time playing with my children.  So much better than the dreary rainy days from last week when I was contemplating how frustrated I would be with the clean-up if I stuck them outside to run off some of the pent-up energy they were full of on those days!  I'm so grateful for these odd sunkissed days!

Today I'm taking the time to get my inventory properly labeled for the upcoming craft shows that I'll be at in March and April.  The past few weeks have been busy with crochet and handstitchery.  I would like to have a full stock of inventory - more than enough - as I have very little time between my spring craft shows to create extra inventory.
Cards ~ I added two new Mother's Day/mom's birthday cards and a Father's Day/dad's birthday card to my shop.  I hope to get some more birthday and Easter cards completed soon.
Crochet ~ I've completed five women's sun hats, all in US grown cotton - white, ecru, maize, turquoise, and chocolate.  I'm working on a soft violet sun hat in a little girl's size.  My goal is to have a handful of girl's sun hats and several women's sun hats available for my spring shows.
Flowers ~ I've completed several new cashmere and wool flowers.  My goal is to have 13 more flowers stitched before my first craft show on March 10th, a total of 40 flowers.  My husband built me a new display for my flowers at craft shows - it should work great and show off the beautiful pieces.  I'll share pictures of that soon.

My first craft show of 2012 is Saturday, March 10 - Sterling High School Band Booster Craft Show - 9am to 3pm, 501 Warwick Road, Somerdale, NJ - I hope to see you there!
I'll post information about other shows in the coming weeks.

Crochet Sun Hats
Chocolate (short brim), White, Ecru, Maize, Turquoise (wide brim)
Available soon in my Etsy shop and at craft shows!

Oh, one more note - the winner of my blog giveaway never responded.  If Melody doesn't respond by March 1st, I'll have random.org choose another winner.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed week!

2 comments:

  1. You had a really busy day and accomplished a lot. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I love your work. You've created a great spot to visit and I really enjoy the time I spent here. I'll be back to see how the shows went. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and also for commenting! I appreciate you taking the time! I'm glad that you like what you found here.
    Have a blessed day!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete