Sunday, August 26, 2012

Savoring the Summer

Wow, it's been weeks since my last post!  I've been busy playing and enjoying my family.  It's been months since I've been able to be the mom I was before all of my many surgeries this spring, so I've been enjoying every moment before school starts.

So many times this past week I've heard, "Ready for school to start?" 

Nope.  Not this year... or any year for that matter, but especially not this year.  I've really only had one month of enjoyment and I could really use most of September to enjoy having the kids with me.

I'm packing in as much adventure as I possibly can before they head back to school.  These are some of the fun things we've done this summer:

Ean being an Olympian...
Oh, what fun that can be had with a pull-up bar and rings!!!  So much fun for both of them!
 J and Nathanael on our dolphin watch, so worth watching for the online deals!
 The boys enjoying boardwalk rides in Ocean City, NJ.
J and the boys at New Hope & Ivyland Railroad.

Adventures at home, close by, and a drive away... it doesn't matter.  We're having a great time as a family and with our friends.  Soaking in the recent good weather that we've been blessed with after a hot start to the summer.

In between times I've been creating.  I'm delaying the release of my new fall items until September when the children are back in school and I can use that time to work on webdesign.  I want as much time with them while I can.  I will never get these times back and they are such good times to have!

Don't think that I let adventures stop just because school starts.  We have nearly every weekend in September planned... We're going on adventures until it's too cold to adventure outside ... I'm not a fan of extreme temperatures.  Then we'll start using our memberships to museums again and enjoy adventuring inside!

Have a blessed remainder to the summer!  I appreciate you stopping by!
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment